CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

My Weekend Adventure

Here is a picture of my wonderful husband.



Isn't he cute? He's sweet, too. When I was in my car accident, he had these flowers sent to my work. :)



He also took me on an adventure this weekend. We started our Saturday early, leaving at 5am. We boarded a Greyhound (bus, to be specific) in KC, and were on our way.

Here is Jono aboard our not-so-spacious bus.



Here is some of the lovely, fashionable fabric spread over everything in the bus.



We saw many things on our trek to Arkansas.

Here is a woman riding a bicycle, wearing a Santa hat. I'm so glad she is full of holiday cheer on this 20th day of September.



And here is the very spot where Jono told me The Lie. We found it quite humorous the the bus stopped at such a historic location for us.

We were parked right in front of that Taco Bell. Ah, memories.



And we drove on, and on, and on. The bus made many stops on our way south, many of them (unfortunately) at McDonald's.

Finally, at about 2pm, we reached our destination. We stepped out of the bus with much delight, happy that we wouldn't have to ride it home.

And do you know why we wouldn't have to ride it home?

Well, it is because as we walked around to the parking lot, we saw the object of our adventure. The very purpose for our all-day trek to the south and back.

There it was, waiting for us.








So the three of us drove home. :)

11 comments:

Tricia said...

She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! With you driving her, she'll be even more adoraable =) I'm so happy for you. The week was most certainly redeemed.

Reagan said...

What a beautiful car! Congratulations!

lanes said...

CUTE!!! I'm so glad that the Lord most certainly ordained this whole situation-- what a blessing!

beth said...

Is that a CD player I see in the Bug? How absolutely wonderful...it is perfect.

Annemarie said...

That's amazing condition! That's great!

lanes said...

I can't get over how pretty that car is. You must let me take pictures of it.

Unknown said...

OH OH! I am SO excited, I think it is the prettiest little thing I have ever seen!! :)

MagenRanae said...

But where's the flower vase? ;-)

Tricia said...

On the way home, did you punch Jono every 5 minutes or so and say "slugbug!!!"?

tsbjf said...

Dude, sweet car!!! I'm so happy for you that you finally got your bug! And I'm sure when you first slipped into that driver's seat, it more than made up for having to put up with the fabric in the bus. Word.

Jenny said...

Your car is awesome! I don't think I've ever seen a bug in such good shape! I like the way the dashboard looks too!