CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

The First Lie

Mountain Dew is weird. I mean, it's greenish/yellowish liquid that reminds you of those terrible days of summer allergies. Ew.
I always tried to explain to Jono why Mountain Dew was so gross and weird, but he never understood. Then one day he found out that I had never actually, officially, you know...tried it. He thought I really need to try it before making a judgment call of that kind, but I didn't agree. For one, it's not good for you. It's got way too much sugar and green, so why bother?

Fast forward to that day in early May. We got married, then spent that night in KC before moving along to the rest of our honeymoon. The next day we hit the road, ready to get outa Kansas and as far away from wedding planning as possible. We were finally together, and it was a good time.

We stopped in Butler, Kansas to get some refreshing drinks. Jono, being the sweet, chivalrous, new husband that he was decided to go in and get the drinks for me. He came out, smiled at me, and said, "Here's your lemonaid" as he handed me a huge, yellow drink. I thought he had a funny look in his eye as I brought the straw to my lips, but I drank anyway. It didn't taste like any lemonaid I'd had before, but it wasn't bad. He looked at me intently and asked, "do you like it?"

That's when I knew something was amiss. "What did you do?" I asked. He smiled and revealed that it was, indeed, Mountain Dew.

Yes, we had not been married for 24 hours before he told me a lie.

And, what's worse... is that everyone who hears this story thinks it's awesome.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

That IS awesome!

Tricia said...

That's hilarious! He was only broadening your horizons... ;)

lanes said...

hehehehe. I've heard this story before, but it still makes me giggle.

Post some photos of your new CAR! And btdubb, have you named him/her yet?

tsbjf said...

You have a new car already? (I just read lanes' comment)

I thought this blog post was really funny, so I just told Jeremy the story, and he goes, "ok, the things that excite Joanne". Lol. I guess I just never saw Jono as ornery before....and weird that you had never tried MD...but now you have!

MagenRanae said...

:) I like the story too. He waited until he knew you were stuck! He's no dummy.