CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

My Kinda Lover/Car Scam

I need to take a moment to brag about the most wonderful guy out there.



My husband is absolutely great. Maybe even TOO great. You know...one of those great people that, by comparison (or not), make you look like Peter Pettigrew.

But that's ok. I don't mind being the rat as long as I can sleep next to this guy for the rest of forever. (Don't worry, that's as PG-13 as this post is going to get)

Let me tell you about something that makes me realize more and more how sweet this fella is.

Jono happens to know that I have a weakness for classic VW Beetles. Every time I see one drive by my heart just leaps and I say, "ooooh, they're just so CUTE." Yes. I, Rachel, say that. So you know I like them.

Anyway, Jono does not forget these little facts. He, being the thoughtful guy that he is, stores them away until such a time as he can make use of them. So once we were married and settled into our home, he began researching these cars (without even telling me). He would spend hours figuring out exactly what he was looking for, and then began asking me what I was looking for. That's when I started to realize that he was just way too nice for me.

Ok, I realized that before we got married, but I had to pretend he wasn't too nice for me (to trick him into marrying me, you see).

Anyway, several weeks ago, via ebay, we found a simply glorious bug. It was just what we were looking for, and only a 3.5 hour drive from our house. We watched it carefully, planning our bid, but to no avail. Someone snatched it from us.

Oh, did I mention that this husband of mine is a super-responsible planner/provider? Not only did he work years and years to save for the down payment on our house, but he socked away a safety net of money should there be an emergency. And did I mention that he was willing to use up this safety net in order to give me this car? Just because he wanted me to be happy? For someone who plans so carefully, this was a big deal.

Earlier this week, via craigslist, I stumbled upon THE perfect bug. It would have been the bug of my dreams if I had known something so beautiful existed. But now I know. It was a fabulous price, too. I thought, "I'm so glad the other car didn't work out, because this one is perfect."

I'll spare the details, but today, through emails and research, I found that this seller had set up their own fake escrow website, and that I would not be getting my bug. I'm glad that we didn't lose our money to the scam, but disappointed that the beautiful bug can't be mine.

Maybe it's not the right time to buy a bug. Maybe it never will be. But one thing I have learned is that my husband would do a heckofalot just to make me happy.

Babe, you're the best.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

:) What a wonderful hubby! Your bug picture wouldn't work for me. :(

Rachel said...

Sorry, Joy! I fixed the problem, so you should be able to see it now.

Unknown said...

Oh, WOW! She IS a beauty! Someday, Rachel, someday you'll have the car of your dreams!

Jenny said...

Awe! Sounds like my husband! He always gets me a million presents for christmas cause he knows how I like getting more than anyone else! LOL!

lanes said...

I'm glad you didn't get scammed, Rachel! And you have a very sweet husband, bent on pleasing you. ;) It's nice that he wants to get you a bug just because you like them so much.

Reagan said...

You have such a sweet husband.

MagenRanae said...

:)

Unknown said...

Haha. Peter Pettigrew. Why did Rowling even bring him to existance?

tsbjf said...

Woah, that was a pretty bug! Hopefully someday you'll get the perfect one. It's cool that Jono wants to get you one so bad.

barb said...

All this time I thought you wanted a camaro!!