CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Just Like Old Times

Friday night we hung out with some friends to watch some sweet Olympics, and then play Nintendo 64 games.

I think one of the most enjoyable things for me was watching two brothers interact. Several years ago Matt and Shelsey moved to Chicagoland. And a year ago most of the rest of my family left for the east coast. That seems like a crazy-long time for Kansas to be (mostly) free of the Wassos. And I have to admit it, I've missed the crazy sibling dynamics that used to be so abundant.

So now that Matt and Shelsey came back (and brought the most adorable baby with them), Jono and I are having a great time. The best thing about family is that no matter how long they're away, and no matter how much happens while they're gone, as soon as they're back it's just like it always was. You don't have to spend a lot of time catching up. They're just...family.

Seriously, how cute IS this baby? And how did such a cutie come from Matt? We'll never know.

Anyway, Uncle Jono and Aunt Rachel now need to focus on how they can completely spoil this kid. I happen to think that if Jono builds a tree house in our yard we will officially be the favorites.

I'm never above bribery. Ever.

4 comments:

lanes said...

That's probably the cutest picture ever. Jono looks very happy to be with Jono. ;) Looks like it works both ways.

Unknown said...

:) Aw, what a cutie! Also, I think a treehouse is a great idea!

MagenRanae said...

Hehe...you're too funny! It's like me and my sandbox idea in our back yard! :) Maybe I can talk Micah into building a tree house....

tsbjf said...

Their baby is so cute! And he's growing so fast too. That is so funny about the tree house :) . Right now you could go for smaller things and he'd probably be happier...but definitely the tree house when he gets into grade school. (I can't wait until you guys have kids! I know you just got married and all, but I just had to say that. Because I love seeing peoples' offspring.)