CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stressful

This has been stressing me out lately:

One of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" And He said to him, "you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, "you shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."
Matt 22:35-40


I've been thinking about this for the last several weeks, and it only gets more stressful. I (and many of you) have grown up hearing these two commands.

Love God: Sure, check, of course I do.
Love your neighbors: Well, kind of. I love a lot of people. Basically a check, right?

What's truly bothersome is this, though:
"This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it"

And honestly, I've always "known" that, too. But I would really not like to demonstrate my love of God by how well I am treating the people around me. I happen to be failing this test.

Unpleasant.

1 comments:

MagenRanae said...

I'm just getting a chance to read this blog of yours since I gave up the internet for lent...

But, no matter. This was good for me to hear even now. Thanks for the reminder.