CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More Trip Pics

We spent one of our days here on our trip east. It was a really cool experience. Unfortunately, it was a gloomy, drizzly day. This made it hard to take pictures outside, and it also made the stained glass inside less glorious. Still, it was a sight to behold.

Here is a shot Jono took as we descended to the parking garage. He had a little cover, but you can see by the rain drops on the lens that it wasn't easy. He was trying so hard to get a good shot of the outside. Stupid rain.

Everything was amazingly detailed. It's a huge work of art that has been many decades in the making. They still aren't finished.


Here's another rainy shot. I suppose the gothic architecture along with the gloomy day makes some kind of somber statement. Unfortunately, our photography "skills" just didn't do it justice.

Here is one of my many attempts to photograph a stained glass window. Some turned out better than others. This window in particular was one of my favorites. Apparently that small circle in the middle is a moon rock.
I'd like to think my pictures would turn out better had the sun been shining brightly outside. I can pretend, can't I?


Here's the entry into the main room.

One of the many, many, many rooms. Perhaps too orange-y. I really need to learn more about my camera...
This was up in the observation tower. It was fun to look down on all the beautiful trees and gardens. Too bad the pictures didn't work.



We have tons more pictures, but I can't imagine you'd want to go through that many. It could potentially be like those situations where your great aunt Myrtle went to the Precious Moments Chapel and wants you to sit for 5 hours through her amazing slides.
*shiver*

5 comments:

MagenRanae said...

I'm sooo telling you're great aunt Myrtle. She'll be so crushed.

Annemarie said...

Do you know how many times my family has threatened to stop at the precious moments chapel? That place is the butt of endless jokes.

tsbjf said...

I thought the Precious Moments Chapel thing was a joke until I read the previous comments, so I googled it. Go figure that there is something like that! I really liked your pictures, thanks for sharing!

luaphacim said...

We found the Darth Vader gargoyle. Best part of the National Cathedral, hands down, if you ask me. :-)

Rachel said...

Yes, we found Vader, too. It was hard to get a clear picture, though. We did our best.