CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Not Cool!

No, I'm not talking about me.

I'm talking about the guy who rear-ended me yesterday as I was waiting to turn left at a light and then promptly drove away.

My sweet little car, not even two months mine, needs a bumper replaced. Arg. Why are people such *insert strong language of choice*?

There were several witnesses, though. One couple pulled over and gave me the plate number and make and model of the car. Another lady followed him and called it in on her cell phone, then turned around to come tell me.

The bright side (if you wanted to force me to search for silver lining in situation I prefer never happened) is that there was almost no damage to the actual body of the car. The back bumper is out a few inches from the body (see former beauty below).

So, it looks like I'll be replacing it myself because the police officer I spoke with is pretty sure the guy didn't have insurance.

Surprise.

I've had some bad luck lately. I'm seriously thinking of never driving again. Anyone know of a free chauffeur service (other than my mom)?

7 comments:

Reagan said...

Well your husband would be a free chaffeur service...I have free chaffeur service. :)

Tricia said...

OH NO!!! Rachel, what is with people being drawn to you when you're driving? That is messed up. I am impressed with the way people chased the guy to get his license number... don't give up driving. That car is too pretty to not be shown off!

tsbjf said...

What is with people running into you? Man. At least it wasn't too bad this time, and it's cool that other people were so helpful.

Annemarie said...

That's really awful! Hopefully you can find the part cheap. It's such a great car, so cute! I know your luck will change.

Jenny said...

That's horrible! I can't believe there are people out there that would drive off like that! Your little bug is so cute too!

lanes said...

People suck! I'm so sorry that this happened to you.

luaphacim said...

I hope he gets saved.

/piety

:-p