CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Balloon Rally

Dear Diary,

...Just Kidding! We're done with that, remember? Silly.

Dear Blog Readers,

This past weekend we hit up a local Hot Air Balloon Rally. We didn't actually ride any, but it was fun to see them all get set up and then glow as twilight set in.

This experience made me realize two things:
1) It's fun taking pictures of balloons.
2) I really should have taken more time to learn things about my camera before trying to take pictures in the growing twilight.

The result was some pictures turning out fairly nicely, and many others turning out very grainy. I had to consult my manual the next day to figure a few (basic) things out. Bleh.

I thought I'd go ahead and share some pictures with you, though. Because they are fun. And we like fun things. Ok?














4 comments:

lanes said...

Two things:

1. I wrote you back on my other blog, teehee!
2. I really like your pictures of the balloons. It looks like it was a good time!

tsbjf said...

That looks like so much fun! And hot air balloons totally make for some awesome pictures! I want to ride one someday, I think it'd be fun.

MagenRanae said...

I want to be like Elana....

Two things:
1. Did you ever get to ride in a hot air balloon on your honeymoon, or did that not work out? I can't remember.

2. I like the picture where you can see your shadow on the balloon!

Rachel said...

Magen,
1) no, the mean old guy never called us back once we got there.

2) the shadows in that picture were caused by a balloon right behind us lighting up just as I took the picture.