CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

July, 1998

Dear Journal,
Tomorrow is Rex and Shawna's wedding. I don't really want to go...because it will be a long, hot drive to Tulsa. My mom said five hours! I have to wear my old dress, I only have one, and I can't get a new one, even for a "special" occasion like this. Ok, I'm going to admit that it's not going to be a as bad as I make it out to be. But I still think that it's going to be a long drive. With Beth getting motion sickness, Rose crying, and Joel just being a pain in the butt, I don't think I'll like it much. But there is one car ride I am looking forward to, camp. Yes, I don't mind going on a long ride, as long as we are going somewhere I like. Speaking of that, my uncle in Texas bought us 3 oldest kids and dad football tickets to the Baylor vs. KSU game!

[note: ok, I feel like there are SO many things I need to apologize for in this post. Shawna, sorry I put "special" in quotation marks. I was 12...and we didn't have A/C in our van in the summer...that's my excuse. Joel, I really don't think you're a pain in the butt anymore. ;)]

4 comments:

MagenRanae said...

Hehe...Is this when you started to become more rational? You went from:
the friends that kill! No, I am not exaggerating." to "Ok, I'm going to admit that it's not going to be as bad as I make it out to be."

My grown up little Rachel! *tear*

lanes said...

I'm liking the new layout. :)

beth said...

Okay, so, I find it funny that my motion sickness was a big enough deal that you had to write about it in your diary. But seriously, I threw up all the flipping time. sick.

tsbjf said...

No AC, that's enough reason to dread a long ride in the summer in the midwest.