CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Don't Let Me Forget

Every summer my allergies have worsened. Last summer my head was swollen because of inflamed sinuses and I had to take some steroids to bring things back to normal (normal being runny nose, sneezing, phlegm...but not a particularly swollen head).

This summer I thought that since I would not be at camp, I'd be ok. "I work inside all day," thought I, "I don't have anything to worry about."

Hahahahahahaha, hoohoohoo, hehehehe...right.

Sweet Moses, I just want to BREATH again. My poor husband should buy stock in Kleenex, tissues of which can be found in our sheets, under our bed, behind our nightstand and between our couch cushions.

Whoops.

And lest you think I complain too much I will not mention the times when Jono can't kiss me because I can't breath through my nose.

Heh. Ok...that's kinda funny.

Anyway! All this is to say that you, my friends, must NOT let me forget the terror of the summer months. You must remind me of this post next year when I'm debating if I should go to the doctor and pay the bigger bucks for prescription allergy medicine or not.

I'm a friggin' snot factory over here! HELP!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Just wait till you're pregnant and your nose runs all the time. That's fun! And you can't really take allergy medicine. haha!

tsbjf said...

So you're saying you should move somewhere cold? Like year round? Because it's a bum deal when you can't kiss.

Unknown said...

I never used to have allergy problems, but that is a thing of the past. I don't get it really bad like you, but they are definitely a pain in the patootie when you can't breathe.

Shawna said...

have you thought of trying nasal irrigation? I have friends that swear by it. It is worth a shot!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_irrigation

If you type in "netti pot" into you tube there are plenty of videos showing how it is done.

Hope you feel better soon!