CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I Welcome You With Random

Thanks for joining me! Sorry for any inconvenience of switching to a new blog. Let's just blame Blogger for that, shall we? It's so much more fun to blame someone else.

I'll start with an idea that I got from Magen's blog (which she got from Jessie's blog). I'm not real original around here, if you haven't noticed. But for some reason you're still reading this right now, which must mean one of two things:
1) you're bored out of your mind
or 2) you really don't care if I'm original or not.

And, frankly, I'm ok with either option.

So, here we go!

7 weird/random/bizarre/unfathomable things about me that you may or may not have known!

1) I used to bite the bottom out of my ice cream cones before I finished my ice cream. I'd cry and my dad would clean up the mess wondering why the heck I was such a dense child.

2) After "the talk" with my mom, my only response was "you've GOT to be kidding me!!!"
She likes to tell that story now, especially.

3) I started life with no sense of humor whatsoever. My family used to say that they were going to make large signs that said "Rachel, it's a joke" just so I would catch on. I guess I was a little too literal.

4) When I was younger I had very long hair, and I very much hated to brush it (it hurt!). The result was a very knotty bunch of nasty hair that I would wear down without shame. Once I was playing in our front yard when some teenagers drove by. One yelled out the window, "COMB YOUR HAIR!"

5) When I re-met Elena (the first time didn't count. I was in grade school...and I don't remember it) I bit her on the shoulder. We didn't know each other at all. It was the beginning of something beautiful.

6) I got stitches in my knee after crawling over a bunch of staples that my dear siblings Beth and Joel had carefully placed all over the floor (facing up).

7) When I was little I would sneak into my Sunday School class and lick the play dough. I realize this is disgusting now, but then it was a salty treat. ;)


Have a super fabulous day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! salty treat!!? eeewwwie also...when i got "the talk" i was completely grossed out and told Jenny and her friend, and they wouldn't believe me!

Unknown said...

also...i really love your new background

lanes said...

I freaking love you.

And that story about those teenage boys yelling at you about your hair STILL makes me laugh a whole lot. What a humiliating moment that must have been for you!

beth said...

I love that the only way I made this list was by doing something completely and utterly stupid. Awesome.

Also, i had no idea about the play-do. I will proceed to laugh for the next forty-five minutes.

MagenRanae said...

It's amazing what you can learn about someone after so many years of friendship!


Also, does anyone else find it disturbing that Elena laughs at something she knows must have been humiliating? Just checking!! :) (I still like you, Elena!)

tsbjf said...

Dude, those are some funny things! Thanks for sharing!