CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Take The Cynic Route

The Brief History Of My Life, Volume II has taught me that when it comes to Christian books for women, I should NOT take advice from...well, women.

I try, I really do! I love books, you know I do. But when it comes to some things, there's only so much I can take. Generally I pop them open, get the gist of the book after chapter 1, force feed myself repetitive paragraphs til about the middle, then leave the book on the shelf until the end of time.

Yes, I know that there are a lot of women who like these books. And maybe a lot of you were really helped by them. All I know is that they don't do a thing for me...so I'm going to state my opinion (it is my blog, after all).

Is it bad that I thought of having giveaways on my blog that include these unfortunate purchases I have made? I just want to get rid of them, but don't think they would sell for much. Then I thought that I probably shouldn't give away something I can't stand as a "prize."

Probably.

Maybe.

But then I had an idea (an apostrophe, if you will). What if I got rid of books I don't like on my blog in return for books YOU don't like? It would be almost the same as donating your books to the library and then buying some from the library book sale...

...only without any benefit to your local library.

Of course, it would only work if our tastes are complete opposites.

...I think I have good chances, here.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Hahah! I really love the links to the books you are referring to. Sorry, but I don't want your unwanted's- teehee. Still, it could work.

Annemarie said...

I think it sounds fun! But, then again, I'm a librarian.

tsbjf said...

I checked out some of the reviews on Amazon--was this book really about viewing Jesus as a husband figure? A little weird....

MagenRanae said...

Hehe...I like Francine Rivers! Do you have any of her books?

I have, "The Woman who pleases God" a book that actually belongs to you, I'd be willing to swap! ;-)