CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Not The Best Of Times

The past couple of weeks have been so difficult! I'm just glad it's finally Friday.

Wednesday I was told by the other driver's insurance that I was to blame for the accident. I guess the witness (who was on her cell phone, late to work at the time of the accident) told them that I had a good 10 seconds to stop.

Can you SEE my eyes rolling all the way from here?

Needless to say, it was a discouraging day.

The next morning, at 4:30, Jono left to work out of town. I really hate being in a house all by myself. I grew up with constant commotion. And even though commotion isn't my preferred type of interaction, I still prefer interaction of some sort. It's no fun when he leaves. So, I spent several days trying to straighten things out with the wreck, as well as with the new car by myself. Things just kept going all wrong again and again, and yesterday was the absolute worst. I spent hours and hours trying to get things taken care of, and instead I accomplished absolutely nothing. It was so discouraging.

Luckily, my baby came home last night. So we went to Matt and Shelsey's to watch The Office premiere and chill out.

We are still dealing with things, but Jono has the day off so he is taking care of stuff for me today. What a guy.

I'm just so, so glad the weekend is almost here. My brain and emotions need a break.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh my goodness. 10 seconds to stop? That doesn't even make sense. She's have to be stopped in the road for you to have 10 seconds of panic time and finally hit her. How could anyone even believe that?!!?
Hopefully the truth comes out, Rachel. I wish you a very restful weekend!

Reagan said...

The same type of thing happened when I was hit by a drunk driver. She went through a stop sign and I spun a 180 onto the curb and yet people said I could've, should've stopped. I didn't know what she was doing and tried to get past her (i would say I had about 3 seconds to stop).

Sorry it's so frustrating! Just work through it and try not to stress. It took a couple months for my thing to get worked out.

Reagan said...

I just re-read the article you posted about the accident. I am wondering how they can say you had 10 seconds to slow down when THEY HIT YOU? How is it possible for you to slow down when they TURNED into you?? Maybe I missed something in the story.

Rachel said...

No, you're right. It's completely insane and annoying.

And I have no idea where this 10 second thing came from. It's such a huge lie.

tsbjf said...

That just makes me mad that someone would try and distort the truth like that. Totally not cool.

Unknown said...

Oh man! So sorry, Dear! I hope that you have a wonderfully refreshing weekend!

Annemarie said...

Ugh. I'm so sorry. At least you do have the adorable new little car! Hopefully you can work through it and move on. Totally not fair.