CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Fear, Schmear

I am very good at being unnecessarily nervous. Sometimes that nervousness could be more suitably described as intense uneasiness.


Or fear. Whatev.


Being married has given me a whole new list of things to be nervous about. For example, three times since we have been married I've heard of fatal motorcycle accidents occurring in Topeka. Fearful Rachel wants to tell husband never to ride a bike again. But Reasonable Rachel knows that husband is very careful (and that he might not appreciate FR giving him commands and treating him like a child). Hmm.


I realize that much of my uneasiness is completely unnecessary. There is only so much we can do to be careful, and the rest is really out of our control (which is probably a very good thing).


RR seemed to be taking back control, however...

until her neighbor's house was broken into.


So, darling husband took several security measures and showed FR all the ways that he was keeping her safe. He's a good husband.


And on top of it all, he bought FR a taser (not because he was worried about her safety, but because SHE was worried about her safety).


2,000,000 volts.
So now instead of being worried about people breaking into our house, I only have to be worried about accidentally tasing myself.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

He he he he he he he he he he he he he he......he he he he he he heh ehe he hee he he he.....I hope that anyone who thinks of breaking into your house reads your blog first!

Reagan said...

I just have to say, that is so awesome. I want a taser.

luaphacim said...

The only thing we have to fear... is tasers, apparently.

MagenRanae said...

Man. All I have to say is that I second everyone's comments.

Also, My husband says, "that's just what Rachel WOULD do!":
"Jono, I'm scared....can I have a taser?"

Rachel said...

Micah's just jealous.

Actually, after Jono bought the taser, I think HE was a little jealous, too. ;)

Jenny said...

Um... first of all, motorcycles are sooo dangerous! I would be freaking out too! Second, I sleep with a gun on the nightstand. If you have proper training, it's great for home defense. Besides, they're just fun to shoot sometimes. haha!

lanes said...

Yay, I want a taser! I'm glad you have one to make you feel just a little bit more secure.

P.S. I totally miss you.

tsbjf said...

Dang yo, that's a lot of voltage!

beth said...

wow...how did I not know this? how did you not call to tell me you got a taser? teehee...don't tase yourself, darling.